Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Vegan Foods in Silverlake and an Indie band - could this day get any hippier?


Links, the band

Hell yes. I started off the morning with one of my favorite bands, Links, on KTLA, and am now ready to get my hippie-self moving for the rest of this glorious day. (Check Links out at www.myspace.com/linksband)

The Club at Flore Vegan
So as this is my first post in my blog about being a rabbit-food eating hippie in Los Angeles, I'd like to start by sharing my recent trip to Flore Vegan in Silverlake. This is a great spot, as it is not only all vegan, but also they use organic ingredients. The food is delicious, particularly the Club Sandwich, which really is incredible.I wasn't too crazy about the Reuban, it tasted more like a tuna melt. Still delicious, but not very reubany. Their potato salad is kickass, and I love stopping by for a sprouted wheat bagel with vegan cream cheese every now and then (throw on some sprouts, tomato and onion and voila- delicious bagel sandwich). The one drawback for some of you may be that it is indeed always full of dirty hippies. I'm not just talking about the patrons, as the wait staff there are obviously forced to wear typical silverlake get-up a la the 70's, with plaid western shirts and jeans that are bell-bottomy and too tight (on the men...).

I'll try to do something extra hippie today so I can share with you. Maybe I'll rescue an animal or dance naked in the rain. Oh wait, no rain, so I guess that means animal. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment