Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Let's do Vegan McD's style! Or wait...

...that's not right. Isn't that what they call an oxymoron? And I guess that parallel wouldn't be McD's but more appropriately...a ToGo's or some other kind of sandwich chain. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there is a chain of vegan restaurants in California called "The Veggie Grill," and if you haven't been to one you are MISSING OUT! Vegan or not, the food is ridiculous.



First of all, when you go to a Veggie Grill, its silly how happy the people who work there are. Silly. They are always super excited about everything on the menu, and, unannoyingly, seem genuine about it.  At least the Veggie Grill I've experienced, which is on Sunset and Crescent Heights in West Hollywood, right next to the Trader Joes.
Caesar Wrap and Sweetheart Fries

So on to the food. Okay, so the first time I was there I had some salad. I honestly don't even remember what it was, but I do know that it was averagely good, it got the job done. I also had the Bean Me Up Chilli, which was very tasty, but I'm a sucker for veg chilli which really isn't hard to make well so thats not saying too much. The next time I went, I tried the Chickin' Caesar Wrap. Holy GOODNESS! This is NOT your ordinary Caesar wrap, vegan or not! It is made with a chipolte ranch sauce that will make your lady or man bits tingle with delight. It is honestly probably one of the best wraps I've ever had the sheer pleasure of eating, if not the best. I would highly recommend getting it with the Sweetheart fries, as they come with a side of chipolte ranch sauce that is so good and so rich you may want to cry.

For those of you who are non-rabbit food eaters, do not shy away from The Veggie Grill. It is the most non-vegan friendly vegan place I've been to in LA yet, and I can say this with confidence as my boyfriend, a proud carnivore, loves this place as much, if not more, than I do and agreed that this is the new favorite restaurant around.

Other things I've tried and liked: The All-American Stack was pretty darn tasty, but honestly a little overwhelming as it is difficult to eat with all the pieces coming out everywhere. But if you are up for a little messy delight, its a go. The Bayou Chickin' also had great flavor, but I still prefer the Caesar Wrap.

Oh and one more thing, an important thing, to say about The Veggie Grill. Like most vegan places, they use fake meat, BUT, this "meat" is the most meaty fake meat I have ever tried. Period. The chickin' in the wrap and the sandwich is JUST LIKE CHICKEN. The texture is just like it! And I will be so bold as to say the flavor is better. And of course it leaves you more satisfied, knowing that no adorable, brainless, innocent chickys had to be beheaded for your meal.

www.veggiegrill.com

Get to it! Oh and P.S. Be sure to try the strawberry lemonade! Not too sweet and not too sour! Juuuust right, and very fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment