Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mmm Vegan Pizza that doesn't suck

Last night I had a serious hankering for some pizza, and decided to scratch the itch with some vegan pizza from a place I had previously read about online called Pizza Fusion, located on Sunset between Fairfax and Crescent Heights, right next to the Sansai place. So I'm kinda skeptical about vegan pizza because more often then not the cheese is just nasty. Once my dinner date bit into my vegan pizza and claimed that it tasted like hot garbage. The texture of the cheese is often slippery, slimy and not very gooey in a good way. Anyway, I decided to take my chances on the "very vegan" pizza off of the menu. I ordered it with multigrain crust, and it is topped with mushrooms and chunks of garlic. Oh yeah this little baby hit the spot. Although I can make my complaints about the cheese, not being the best in the world, the sauce, crust and toppings all made up for it. It was savory and aromatic, pleasing my hippie senses. The crust was not too grainy or healthy tasting, in fact it added a nice dimension to the rest of the flavors. The mushrooms were so delicate and soft, I just loved them! I'm a big garlic fan and loved the big chunks. Overall, this pizza was a winner for my veg palate, and I am eager to try it again when I need a pizza fix.

If you guys go out and try it, let me know what you think! I'm curious to see the reactions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment